Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 January 2018

Summer Memories Of A Garden In Full Bloom

The month of January is almost over, and I am very relieved about that.  Soon we will enter the month of February, the month of love and romance ~well, a girl can dream, can’t she?!



The days are gradually starting to lengthen, and I am so looking forward to when I can start on my coastal walks once more.  At the moment, the footpaths would be far too muddy.  In fact, with all the rain and storms here in the South West of England, much of our coastline is eroding away, which is quite worrying, especially for those with houses close to the sea.  What happens then, is that the cliffs have to be shored up, sections of coastal paths closed and routed away from the sea.  The shoreline really does take quite a battering during these Winter months.  



For newer Followers of my Blog, I thought I would share some photos of my garden as it looks in the Summer.  Looking out of the window at the moment, it’s hard to imagine it being full of blooms.  But I know that time will come round once again, and even by the end of February, quite a transformation will have taken place, as new life starts appearing. The changing of the Seasons really are a wonder to behold, and I always say a silent prayer at the start of each new Season, that I am still here to appreciate it.  










Just looking at these photos has lifted my spirits, as I sit here enjoying a nice cup of green tea with lemon.  A garden can be hard work, but, my goodness, it’s worth if when everything falls into place. 



If you want to enlarge any photo, you can just double click on it.  I hope you’re all having an enjoyable weekend.  I know that there are a couple of my bloggy friends who are coping with certain things in their lives at the moment, and prayers are with them that all will be well.  Look after yourselves everyone.



Photographs are my own, apart from the two quotes, and these are courtesy of Pinterest.com

There’s a new Feature Post up ~ all about sweating the small stuff.  Just click on the link at the top of the Sidebar on the right hand side. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Diane,
Your garden looks so beautiful! You always take such nice pictures.
Agree with you...looking forward to the brighter days and evenings...!
I do love the spring and summer most.
Enjoy your Sunday my friend!

Eva

Suzanne said...

Your gardens are always amazing, Thisisme! You have mastered the awesome "colors that work"! The daisies are so stunning, and they make the prettiest cut flowers for indoors. There's nothing better than a touch of Spring with blues, yellows and a bit of peach, to lift our spirits, and I am sure my daffodils are getting ready to peek through the ground. I wish they would wait until March, but they insist on making an appearance in February!

I hope you don't lose your coastal paths, Thisisme! Your beaches and shorelines are so mesmerizing! Have a lovely week, sending hugs your way, dear friend! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Eva. Thank you so much for popping across to leave your comment. I really do appreciate that. I’m so glad you enjoy the photos. I’m sure we will all start to feel a bit brighter once these Winter months are behind us. Take care of yourself.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi there Suzanne. Here you are, always being such a staunch supporter of my Blog - it IS appreciated. I can’t wait for the bulbs to come up in the garden, so that there is some colour out there once again. January has been such a dreary month over here this year, but at least the days are getting a bit longer each week. Onwards and upwards my friend ๐Ÿ˜Š. Have a lovely week over there in Texas ❤️

Sally Wessely said...

Your garden is so beautiful. It is resting from showing off now. It will be back. In the meantime, hang on to those thoughts of spring.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Sally. Always nice to
See you over here. I’m glad you like the garden. I
Like your little comment that it is ‘resting’ right now! It’s certainly doing that, but, yes, Spring will soon be here, and it will start to wake from
It’s slumbers once more! Hope you have a nice week ๐Ÿ˜Š