Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Hopefully 2018 Will Not Flash By As Quickly As 2017!



     ~ Make the rest of your life the BEST of your life ~

So then, here we are again at the beginning of another year, and may I wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year. I hope the year ahead will be full of joyful interludes for you. Time spent with family and friends, and memories to treasure.

Are your decorations all packed away in their boxes for another year?  I’m keeping mine up for just a few more days. It all looks a bit bare again, doesn’t it, when all the pretty baubles and lights are taken down.  

This time last year, I had my 70th birthday coming up in a few months, so 2017 was quite a special one for me.  I fear that 2018 might be a bit of an anti climax, although I do have another trip to America to look forward to, so that  will be exciting. BUT! Who knows what might lie ahead, for any of us. As long as we all keep in good health, for that’s something that money just can’t buy.  

Unfortunately, here in heavenly Devon, it has been very wet since before Christmas, and the garden is looking decidedly soggy.  I don’t worry too much, though, because I know that, come the Spring, everything will start to come back to life again, and all will be right with the world.  It’s quite amazing, really, how resilient plants can be.  However, I am missing going out for my coastal walks.  Hopefully the next few weeks will bring some brighter days again. 

I don’t know if any of you make New Year’s Resolutions - it’s not something that I ever do, but I AM going to try to do at least one constructive thing every day (I don’t mean everyday housework) - hence me writing this Blog Post today 




My eldest granddaughter celebrated her 20th birthday just before Christmas ....



Whilst my youngest granddaughter celebrated her eighth birthday shortly AFTER Christmas ....



I will leave you again for now, but I’m sure I will pop in again soon.  Look after yourselves. 

Quote from Pinterest.com



8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good Morning, Thisisme! Your post is very uplifting this morning. I will keep a stiff upper lip (with a smile) and push forward into the New Year with positive thoughts! I am sure 2018 will bring many changes into some of our lives, and I am trying keep the best interests in mind.

I enjoyed your holiday and Christmas photos with your family in December. I did get some pretty good pictures myself, but I just haven't posted many of them as yet. Christmas this time just wasn't what I had hoped for...too many distractions kept me from enjoying. Oh well, I am considering spending next Christmas somewhere else, haha! I did get to talk to my mom and sister often during the holidays, and I am so grateful for that.

So, as you say, "Onward and Upward"! And, it is really cold in Texas now...19 degrees when I got up this morning. Got my little Scooter up and off to school for his first day back after the holiday!

I hope you get more sunshine soon, Thisisme, and are able to go for some refreshing walks! Have a great week, hugs!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Suzanne. You were pretty prompt with your comment t today! I’m really sorry that Christmas wasn’t quite what you would have hoped for. We only had the one day, really, which was Christmas Day, when Eli and Ruby and their mum and dad spent the day with us. I’m glad, at least, that you were able to keep in touch with your mum and sister. That temperature seems pretty chilly to me, I must admit. It’s been so wet over here, which can get a little depressing, but I guess we must all hope for brighter days ahead. Look after yourself my friend, and, as you say, Onwards and Upwards!

Glenda said...

A day or two late reading your post, dear friend, but I was a little under the weather for a couple of days! They're always uplifting and mood-brightening, so I can't miss out on them entirely! Hoping that your 2018 is FABULOUS, AWESOME, and all those other pretty amazing words!

Southhamsdarling said...

Awww, thank you Glenda. It’s always lovely to see you over here 😊. I read that you had been feeling pretty rough. Thank goodness those bugs don’t come along very often, for they really wipe you out. Let’s both try to be fabulous and awesome this year!! ❤️

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

A fab💜lous post.. it certainly did fly by last year ., I just hope this year doesn't whizz by . And it is two and half years (YES) since my husband left me .. only seems like yesterday nd I hope this will be the year I csn really sort myself out. I did just have a week with my eldest grandson Aidan which was super so that is a start 💕 .. seeing the others in the next few weeks ... Back at the choir singing I go too ..but have to be more constructive in finding a home .. I will get there .. and YAY you are off to America again whoop whoop. Fab photos too xx

Liz Hinds said...

I love that you end with the statement 'I've decided this will be a good year.' I'm sure it will with that attitude! And a trip to America to anticipate. How lovely.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hello Anne - I am SO sorry I’m late in replying to your comment - I’ve only just seen it! I simply cannot believe it’s been two and a half years - but you ARE doing very well and you should be proud of how far you’ve come. I very much hope that the next step will be for you to find a home. I know you like spending time with Aiden, so that was, indeed, a good start to the year for you. Yes, off to America again! I’m sure there will be lots of photos ��. Look after yourself x

Southhamsdarling said...

Hello Liz - I believe you are a new visitor to my Blog, so thank you for taking the trouble to leave a comment! I do try to be positive with my Posts - there are enough not so nice things going on in the world ! Yes, I’m looking forward to my next trip to America. I’m sure I will be posting photos of my trip! Thank you for reading my blog.