Total Pageviews

Friday 24 February 2017

I Am Still Here! ....

I see that my last Post was written on the 3rd February, and here we are, fast approaching the end of the month.  

I'm sure the cry has been going up all over the land (and distant lands too!) "where has Southhamsdarling disappeared?!"  Truth be told, you haven't missed me at all, have you?! It's okay, I can take it!

I could say how busy I've been, dashing here, there and everywhere, but I'm afraid it's just the old story of not really being able to come up with anything to write.  Well, nothing entertaining, anyway. 

I did have a welcome visit from my eldest granddaughter, who is 19, and studying International Relations at Madrid University. Only a long weekend, but it was so lovely to spend some time with her again. It had been eight months since we had last seen each other, so a catch up was well overdue. The thing that made me happy, was that it was her suggestion that she should pop over for that long weekend 😊.  

My youngest daughter and her little ones were very excited to see her again, also. 

 

 

As  always happens, the time went by far too quickly, but we had fun and made memories to last until the next time we all meet up. 


 

So, a brief little Post today, just to let you know that I'm still around.  I know there are still a lot of people out there that are feeling bitter and disappointed about recent events. I do care what is happening in our world....of course I do, and I admire all these people that get out there and protest and march for what they believe in, but I've learnt over the years to just be kind to as many people as I can and to be always caring and thoughtful to others.  Also to respect their opinions. I do think sometimes that these things can go out of the window if we're not careful.

I enjoy debating about politics and I actually participate quite often, as I suspect many others are doing, more so than they have ever done before!  But it's just that I refuse to make myself ill over it or get too 'down' about it all. For that road doesn't do anyone any good. 

As you read this, you might have a different opinion of course, but we should never forget how fortunate we are that we live in Countries where we have freedom of speech and that we can protest if we want to, without living in fear of our lives. 

I wish you all a happy and relaxed weekend, and hope to see you again soon. 

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Thisisme! You know I was beginning to wonder what you've been up to! I didn't log on to blogger for a couple of days this week until yesterday to have a look around. I do have plenty to talk about, as usual, but haven't posted lately either! It doesn't hurt to take a week or so off, does it? My next post will probably be on my garden blog, as I have much to do in the garden!

Well, I am afraid I don't pay as much mind to politics as I should, so, at least I can't debate with anyone over who does what. I did vote in our election, and, I do believe that we should give the newly elected guy a flying chance! I really didn't care for either candidate, but told myself that we have had plenty of doozies over the years, what's one more? It usually doesn't matter who we elect, not everyone will be happy! Just give it a chance, I say! I'm with you...everyone should calm down!

Thisisme, I can't imagine you out there marching and protesting!!! You are such a little girl, but, then again, who thought I would ever burn my bra in the 1960's? We've lived through so much-some of it has been very interesting. We got the Beatles, The Animals, and Elvis out of the deal. And, we have some wonderful ballets, operas and restaurants! We've seen our soldiers suffer through pointless wars, and children in poverty. And, yet, we pick ourselves up and move on. We either try again, or try something new. And, we're thankful for the lives we have, and for our loved ones. And, that reminds me, it's time to go pick my little Scooter up from school. It's Friday, and he'll be excited! Have a great evening. I will see you later. Sending hugs! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi my Texan friend. Thank you for dropping by, and for that lovely, long comment. So you were one of those who burnt your bra in the 60's - interesting! But that was such an amazing to me, wasn't it, especially for us women. We HAVE seen so many changes in our lifetime - some good and some not so good. I agree, we have to be thankful for what we've got, and for our loved ones. I hope you and Scooter have a lovely weekend over there. Hugs ❤️

Empty Nester said...

I'm so glad you had time with the grands even though it seemed short! The lovelies have become quite vocal about politics lately and they've been marching as have I. I know we have to live with it but I feel we're losing even that freedom of speech you mentioned over here. Every day I turn on the news and can't even tell you how distraught I become. Which is why I try not to turn on the news. I'm beginning to think that adopting an ostrich point of view might be the best way to go for the next 4 years. I'm in actual fear right now. I've been disappointed and concerned over some of our Presidents before but I've never been fearful. The frustration is great because there's not a darn thing we can do about it. While I do lean liberal, my granddaddy always told me to vote the candidate not the party and that's what I do. The only thing I can be proud of right now is that I did not vote to put the donald in office.

Anyway, I love the pictures of the kiddos! And the fact that Eleanor wanted to come visit. But then, who wouldn't want to come visit you? :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Southhamsdarling said...

I'm sure it's hard for you right now, Pam. My friends in Green Bay are in despair. They said they dread turning on the news these days. Whatever one's politics, you shouldn't ban certain sections of the press because you don't agree with them. That's what Dictators do. Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Unknown said...

I have to say I didn't miss you! Hahaha. That's because I knew what you were doing and I was so happy that you had a fabulous but short time with Granddaughter #1. I love that she wanted to come see you and spend time with you. It tells of the bond you two have. And I'm positive the little ones were in awe of the big cousin! I remember thinking I was in fine company when I was around my older cousins. You have a great family and have done a fantastic job of raising them. Pat yourself on the back for that one!! Hugs and love XX

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much, Bee Bee, for those kind comments. I hope that Ray's birthday went well and that you can manage to enjoy your weekend before the big day. Do hope you will manage to get to the beach. Hugs my awesome friend 😊

Sally Wessely said...

Well said, Southhamsdarling. We are so fortunate to live in places where we have the freedoms.

Your grandchildren are so beautiful. They take after their grandmother for sure. Hugs.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Sally, and it's so lovely to see you here today 😊. I hope you are keeping well over there, as I know you were feeling pretty poorly just recently.