Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 September 2015

Happy Sunday everyone!


The above photo is actually the ancient bridge, which gives Ivybridge it's name. 


We all know that Autumn is peeping over our shoulder, but on my walk around the village earlier today, the warm sunshine and blue skies were hanging in there. I thought I would take a few photos to share with you. This is Ivybridge, where I have lived for the past 32 years of my life and I love it here. 

Ivybridge nestles at the foot of Dartmoor, one of England's glorious National Parks, and yet we have the sea and wonderful sandy beaches only fifteen minutes from here.  I guess Ivybridge is really a small town now, but to me, it will always be "the village!"  "Town" is that other place, just ten miles down the road, that is the seafaring City of Plymouth!




The above photo is of the  River Erme, which actually runs right through the middle of the village. 

As you can see, we have a lovely Memorial in the village to the brave men of the American Armed Forces. 


It's a busy time in the garden at this time of the year, as I pick the crops of tomatoes, raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries, blackberries and apples. 



I am enjoying being back on my Blog again, and I'm sure you will see me here again soon. Hopefully you are all finding some time to relax today. Remember... We must always try to pause to "smell the roses" in our busy lives. 

Bye for now. 

14 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello Diane , Happy Sunday to you too. You have been busy :-) . It is great to see your back on blogging too. I am sure all your blogger friends agree . take care Anne xo

Unknown said...

Ivybridge looks beautiful, I really love that old bridge and the water running under it.
Happy Sunday to you too Diane! The summer went all too fast, in fact we didn't have much of a summer here in Ireland this year, but it's not too bad though.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Eva xx

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Anne. Yes, I have been a busy little bee today. Now I have to cook everything! Good to see you here.

Southhamsdarling said...

I agree with you Eva, our Summer was very disappointing here in Devon as well. Just the odd good day here and there. Hope you've been chillaxing over there in Ireland x

Glenda said...

I enjoyed the geography / history lesson of Ivybridge. Pretty photos and a nice memorial for our US servicemen!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Glenda. Thank you! How lovely to see you here today.

BB said...

Someday my awesome friend!! I love your pictures and your description of your little village! It sounds so charming. I do enjoy seeing you pop up on my blog roll again. Nice little surprise. XX

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you for coming around my awesome friend. Yes, indeed, "someday"!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures of where you live. It looks so scenic. I live surrounded by mountains and have quite a different view than you.

Jenny Hoppins said...

It is wonderful to know you're blogging again. I love to be able to travel to your beautiful place in the world and to see the surrounding areas. Those fruits look so delicious! You must be busy working on preserving the harvest. It brings back memories of times when my father would bring baskets of delicious goodies from his garden to our kitchen.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Grammy! I'm sure your mountains are beautiful as well. Good to see you over here.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Jenny. It's funny how I suddenly decided to open up my Blog again, but I'm glad you enjoy seeing the pictures..

Sush said...

I'm working on my binge reading of your blog! Tickled pink you are back to sharing in prose and photographs your lovely corner of the world. As I write... you are here in the US! Happy Days...back to my reading!

Southhamsdarling said...

I can't believe you've left so many comments, Sush. Thank you my friend! It IS appreciated. I hope you're taking sustenance with your binge reading !