Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 August 2013

This and That ....

Hi everyone.  Hope all is well in your little corner of the world today.



I have a facebook page for my Southhamsdarling blog and, at the top, there is an Admin Section, which gives you lots of statistics.  
33--
25--
203--
41--
31--
53--
32--
243--
30

Now I found it very strange to see the number of people who had looked at an actual blog post, compared to how many at looked at a little picture wishing everyone a happy and relaxing Sunday (203) and just a photo of my granddaughter number 1 (243).   What does that say I wonder? Only that a picture is much more entertaining than anything I have written! (LOL!).  Hey, you don't have to agree with me on that one!!

Also, after I wrote my post celebrating that I now had 200 Followers, I see that one has dropped out on me and I am now back to 199. (That will teach me!!).

Granddaughter number 1 had to go to hospital on Tuesday to have her wisdom teeth out.  She was out for most of the day, as she had a general anaesthetic.  I love the way that, no matter what, she always seems to be smiling.


Thankfully, all went well and she said that she was fine when I spoke to her yesterday.  Brave you see, just like her grandma. (HaHaHa!!).

Did you recognize Lucille Ball in the first picture?  I can remember hooting with laughter at the I Love Lucy Show, which must have been back in the early 60's I guess.

I've been busy making fresh tomato sauce for pasta and tomato soup from our tomato crop this year.  We have also been picking lots and lots of figs - obviously the sunshine has been really good for them, because, usually, we're lucky if we get five or six in a season!



I hope your week is going well my friends, and don't forget to stop by for my Funny Friday tomorrow :)

9 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hallo, dear Thisisme! I'm happy to see you again, my friend. For a moment I thought the title of your post was "This and That (As I Bounce Thru' Life)" in honor of Bouncin' Barb. (LOL)

Yessum, pictures attract people like magnets, and large, sharp, color pictures of children, babies and animals always draw a high number of hits. It's nice to see Eleanor, your eternally optimistic and cheerful granddaughter. I hope the pain of her oral surgery has eased by now.

The yield of tomatoes and figs from your garden is impressive and the tomato sauce on your stove looks scrummy (as Emma likes to say). I am very thankful that you had your share of fine weather this summer and bounced back to good health in time to get out and enjoy it.

I Love Lucy was one of my favorite shows during boyhood and it's safe to say that at any given moment of the day an episode of the series is being shown somewhere in the world today.

Thank you for brightening my day with your upbeat post, dear friend Thisisme! Blessings, hugs and SMOOCHES from Shadykins!

Montanagirl said...

Your granddaughter is so cute. Glad all went well for her. Your homemade goodies sound pretty good!

Shelly said...

Your granddaughter is beautiful, even in a hospital gown. Glad it all went well for her! I LOVE I Love Lucy, and watch at least one episode a day. If I lived closer to you, I'd be inviting myself over for a meal. It looks so good!

Glenda said...

So glad you had a good garden season - thanks to all that sunshine. Isle dog preserves with our figs - it a delightful concoction but it takes a booger of a long time standing over a hot stove to make them.

Claudia Moser said...

I would love to try the sauce :)

BB said...

Awww, so sweet of Shady to remember me with your title! Thanks Shady!! I love your blog whether it's pictures, writing or both. After all, you are AWESOME!

Suzanne said...

Hi Thisisme. I'm a little bit earlier today...been working hard this week, and ready for the weekend! Love your photos today, and granddaughter #1, in fact, IS always smiling! She must have the most wonderful personality.

Your figs look delicious, and so do your tomatoes. A great crop this year, huh?

Well, I'll look for you tomorrow. Don't know if we'll be seeing Scootie this weekend...it's always a surprise call for us. Have a great day!♥

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Diane,
I thought I remembered the lady in the first picture. Yes, I have a vague memories to watch "I Love Lucy" even in Japan, haha♪♪♪
Yes, your grand daughter looks really brave with that lovely smile♡♡♡

Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Anonymous said...

Oh my Granddaughter had same thing. So this is the get up you wear.

Oh you look darling as one movie star says.

Oh I love Lucy my fav.

Too bad our computers dont open so you could pass your meals over to hubby and I.

I am having problesm over at face book looking at your blogs honey.

Not your fault. Facebook too many people traffic with pictures.

So will come here not any problems. Love all you have posted.

Gosh you have a big fan of people.

Thumbs up.