Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 October 2012

Holiday- Day 1....

The flight from our local airport was on time, so granddaughter number 1 and moi were looking forward to our holiday in the sun.

Chaos at Las Palmas airport whilst waiting for our coach to take us to our chosen resort. (Memo to self; make sure to book a private transfer next time).

After sitting on the coach for almost an hour, the rep said that we had a problem . Apparently, there were 44 on the coach, when there should only be 40. Eeek!! He now proceeded to ask each of us in turn, in very strict tones, were we absolutely sure that we were going to the hotel named on the front of the coach.

I immediately started to feel guilty and almost put up my hand to admit that , yes, we were two of the scoundrels that shouldn't be on his coach. I dont know about you, but I've been like that all my life. Feeling guilty if something goes wrong, even though it's nothing whatsoever to do with me.

After much tut tutting by this rep, who we shall call John, (we will call him John, because that's his name), we finally set off to our Hotel.

We were suitably impressed. It was, according to old grumpy boots, the best hotel on the island, so we were feeling suitably smug as we alighted from the coach.

John informed us that he would be the one giving us the welcome spiel at 10 am the next day. Mmmm- we decided to give it a miss.

On waking this morning on our first day, what was this I could hear? Was it the gentle pitter patter of rain ? NO! It was the sound of hailstones bouncing off the balcony. I consoled myself with thinking that it would soon clear and we would.be lazing by the pool after breakfast.

Pfft! By mid morning I'm afraid I was saying some not very nice things to God, as the rain continued to pour from leaden skies. This really was beyond a joke .

To be continued....

8 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hallo, dear Thisisme! I wish you were joking about the rain and hail but I can plainly see that you're not. It is a cruel twist that the English rain followed you on your holiday. I hope it's just a fluke and the rest of your stay will delightfully sunny. I am thinking about you and hoping you have the time of your life with your granddaughter. Bless you, dear Thisisme!

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh no! Not rain! Unfair!

Unknown said...

Oh Dear, Hope things improve for you

Suzanne said...

You just can't escape it can you Thisisme? But, I think it's funny about your coachman John! You probably wouldn't have enjoyed his tour anyway! With a little luck, (I'll shoo some luck dust your way) maybe the sun will come through soon. Have a wonderful trip!♥

Unknown said...

Awww, that's terrible Diane! I hope things will improve and that you and Eleanor with make memories to last a lifetime.

Claudia Moser said...

Rain will pass I am sure!

Unknown said...

Of course we all wish you had better weather but make the best of it and just enjoy each other.
Hugs,
Odie

Shelly said...

I so hope it gets better, my friend!