Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 April 2011

la famille sont ici!

There! You didn't know that I was fluent in French, did you?!  No, neither did I!  I did a quick Google translation  to say that "the family are here".  The wonders again of modern technology.  I still find it amazing that my blog posts can be translated into ten different languages within seconds, using the translation widget.

The weather at the weekend was amazing - hot and sunny - so we headed off to the beach on Sunday and it was absolutely wonderful.  My son-in-law (and he has every gadget going, including the brand new iPad 2) said how great it was to absolutely switch off, just relax and not have to worry about any interruptions, from telephone calls, e-mails, text messages etc.  On the beach, there is no reception even for a mobile phone, so we were just able to concentrate on enjoying ourselves as a family, listen to the waves gently lapping the shore, and feel the heat of the sun warming our bodies and souls!

As you can imagine, I took a few photos (watch out for my Wordless Wednesday post if you want to see some piccies of Alfred enjoying his first outing to the seaside!) for you to see.

My daughter taking photos for her own Blog!

My granddaughter.  She is wearing lovely blue RayBan sunglasses.  When we got back to the garden, I trod on them and broke them.  Eeek!  I shall now have to go looking for a new pair, as she bought these when we were on holiday in Cyprus last year.



My son in law who will not have any photos put on Blogs or Facebook, but I don't think he can object to this one!

Eeek! Am I getting shorter, or is granddaughter getting taller?!

Excuse the curly hair, but I just left it au-naturel!


Ruby Violet wondering what mischief she can get up to!

Oh! I nearly forgot - a certain person has a birthday tomorrow.  Mind you, I don't think she'll be having any candles on the cake, as the glow might cause the house to burn down!  When she was such a huge Beatles fan back in the early 1960's, mini-skirt clad and bopping away to their songs at the local coffee bar, little did she ever think that her age would  reflect the words of this Beatles' song - Eeeek!!

"I could be handy mending a fuse
when your lights have gone.
You can knit a sweater by the fireside,
Sunday mornings go for a drive.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds, who could ask for more.
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64.
(Words by The Beatles)

Abientot!



 

29 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Thisisme I can hardly wait to see the photos. The ones today are so cute. Your granddaughter is beautiful! The beach looks like Summer is there. Such fun! A birthday?
Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you and many more.
And yes I will still love you at 64. Great Beatles song. One of my favorites. Exactly who would have thought.
Blessings

Just Martha said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Pity about the glasses. Aren't families wonderful? I love the look on the dog's face.It is so French!!! ...

Gawgus things... said...

Gosh, another year whizzed by already! Lovely photo's :)

Desiree said...

HAPPY 64th BIRTHDAY!!!!! You look wonderful in your pictures, here...in your case, age is definitely only a number. Enjoy the rest of the time you have with your family!

Unknown said...

Oh mon dieu, cela signifie que vous avez finalement rattrape avec moi. Joyeux anniversaire ma douce amie.
Thank you for the wonderful pictures. The one of you and your grandaughter is amazing. She really is tall and a lovely young lady for sure. Have fun and concentrate on them, not us.
Odie

Claudia Moser said...

Happy birthday indeed :) And enjoy! :)

Becky said...

What wonderful photos Looks and sounds like you are having a blast with your family! YAY! That grandaughter of yours is SO tall! Look at those legs! WOW! And little Ruby is precious! And of course.... Alfred is adorable! ~~ A birthday!! Wahoo!! So glad that your family is there to share it with you! I pray that you have a wonderuful day!! ((HUGS))

SkippyMom said...

Your family is just lovely! One simply can't pick who is prettier then the next [I call 4 way tie between the ladies. :)]

Have a wonderful time [and glad to see th weather is cooperating]

Hugs

Shady Del Knight said...

I'm very happy to find you back on your blog, Thisisme, and I will wish you a happy birthday right here and now in case you're tied up with family tomorrow and don't get the chance to post. You look marvelous in that picture with your granddaughter, and if you're worried about turning a year older I would like to quote Rod Stewart by saying "you wear it well." I've been keeping track of Alfred's antics at the beach via G-T's blog and I look forward to seeing more of my favorite pooch in the days to come. Love my little Ruby, also. I'm so glad the weather's been fine for this family visit. Cheers, dear friend!

PencilGirl said...

Your family looks beautiful, and so do you... :) :) Happy Birthday to you, a day in advance.. Have a wonderful day, and year.. :) :)

My blog address has changed, so find me now @ Conquering the World

Rebecca said...

looks like everyone had a great time being together. you have a beautiful family and the beach looks amazing.

Belle said...

I love the reference to the Beatles song! So nice for you the weather was good. I love all the photos, especially Ruby who looks like an angel.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Lovely photos!

How lucky you are to have naturally curly hair!

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Olive said...

♫Happy Birthday♫ No excuses needed for curly hair... I love it! ♥O

Southhamsdarling said...

Everyone - lovely to get all your comments again today. Thank you!!

Southhamsdarling said...

Odie - I was terribly impressed with your comments in French!! Thank you for that!

Chatty Crone said...

You have a lovely family - and a tall granddaughter. Happy birthday to Ruby!

sandie

BB said...

So so happy you're enjoying everyone with you. Looks so fun. And all in time to celebrate your birthday. Good for you! Great song too.

colenic said...

What amazing photos...as always...heard that someone's birthday is tomorrow and wanted to wish you the happiest day with a million and one wishes coming true...hugs and lots of love your way!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Saw your blog mention over at Bouncin' Barb's blog so came over to have a read and say Happy Birthday hope you have a truely amazing day.

Love the photos doesn't it suck when you borrow something and break it makes you go "bugga". Hope you didn't get snapped at for breaking the glasses.

Southhamsdarling said...

Jo-Anne Mother and Nana - thank you so much for popping into my blog and becoming my latest follower. Welcome!

LindyLouMac said...

Whoops re the sunglasses, you may be able to replace them online, as you say amazing what you can do via technology :)

Donna B. said...

Happy Birthday...I will be your age in June! Looks like you all are having so much fun...enjoy, ENJOY!

Unknown said...

Thisisme, Your time together looks so wonderful. I'm a crazy Beatles fan too. Thanks for sharing the words of the song, it evoked the sound of Paul McCartney signing in my head.
It would be neat to read your daughter's blog too!

Glenda said...

Love your posts! I can appreciate the Beatles song more and more - just another year before I reach that milestone year. Your granddaughter is beautiful. My grandson just turned 15 and he's 6'2". I feel so blessed for each day that I can watch them grow. I'm a new follower of yours - look forward to reading more.

On My Soapbox said...

What a beautiful family you have! It looks like your granddaughter may get taller yet. Is that from your side of the family or your son-in-law's?

Lyndylou said...

lovely photos. I know I am a bit late but happy happy belated birthday :)

Glenda said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Didn't see you as a follower, but maybe it hasn't had time to show up yet.

flowers on my table said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, looks like you are having a wonderful time though. Love Linda x