Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Some more good news!

Well, I am going to start my post today with some good news, and offer many congratulations to Prince William and Kate Middleton.  I have just watched a television interview with them both, and they really do seem to be very down to earth, and really in love.  Of course, they have been together for a long time, but I do wish them lots of luck for the future, and hope that this really will be a "happy ever after" royal love story.  So there will be a royal wedding next year, and I think it will be something for the country to look forward to, especially in these dreary times with all the cutbacks to public services, people losing their jobs etc. etc.


The thing that I thought was lovely is the fact that William has given Kate his mother's engagement ring, as he wanted Princess Diana to be part of the celebration, even though she is no longer with us.  That, to me, was pretty special.
Now I go back to The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award of yesterday.  Before I come to my 5 indulgences, there is a hard bit that I have to do first.  I have to bestow this award to 3 'sweet' bloggers of my choice.  This seems terribly unfair to all the others that I do not pick, as I value all of my followers and enjoy reading their blogs so very much.  However, here goes :
My first nomination for the award would be SkippyMom,("I Eat Soap") as she has been so supportive since I started blogging last month.  BUT, I see that one of my fellow award winners has just nominated her!
On my list too, would have been Colenic from A Smile A Day, who, because of certain things, deserves it more than me, but she has already been nominated as well!
I would also have liked to nominate LindyLou from "News from Italy", but I see from her Blog that hers is an Award Free Blog, as, although she is touched that people think her Blog worthy of an award, it is not what she started her blog for.
So, I am passing the Award on to : Becky from "Just  Being Me".  We do seem to have quite a lot in common and she just seems like a very sweet person.
My next recipient is "Gawgus-things" because it was this Blogger that actually introduced me to this special world of blogging, and she is also a very special person to me.
And the final recipient is Maureen from "Daydream Living", who always writes such sweet blogs.
Enjoy your award ladies!
I seem to have rambled on a bit here, so I will keep you all in suspenders and leave it until tomorrow before I tell you about my 5 Indulgences!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

I also thought it was so special to use his mom's engagement ring. She was a lovely and unique lady that the whole world loved deeply. It will be an event to watch for sure. The one that made me think about blogging and encouraged me to take the step is Ree Drummond, known as the Pioneer Woman. She lives on a ranch on Oklahoma, writes cookbooks, appears on TV shows demonstrating dishes, homeschools her children and has a blog that has something for literally everyone. http://thepioneerwoman.blogspot.com
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Odie. Yes, I thought Princess Diana was pretty special! I will certainly pop over to the Pioneer Woman Blog. Thank you.

Becky said...

Awww.... I am soooo touched by the thought of you passing on this award to me!! IT'S MY FIRST ONE!!! YAY!!

I agree, we DO have a lot in common! That to me, makes our friendship, thru blogging, all that more special.

I'm excited about the news of Prince William and Kate!! They make such an adorable couple. She is so beautiful and seems so sweet. I agree with you that his choice of giving Kate his mother's ring, was a wonderful way to remember her. I'm also excited that I now have a friend "across the pond" in which to correspond with! :)

I still remember watching his mother & father's royal wedding on TV. I was about 15 or 16 years old. I'm excited that my girls will get the chance to witness THIS royal wedding! We'll have to make it a mother/daughter event, if we can!

Thank you again for the award! Sending you ((HUGS))!! :)

Gawgus things... said...

Awww, thanks very much! I have to say I'm very excited (not only about being offered this award!)about the Royal engagement! Can't wait for the wedding next year, but it does seem strange seeing Kate with Diana's ring. I think Diana's engagement picture was so iconic with the ring clearly on display it seems strange and sad that Kate is now wearing it. I do hope they'll be very happy together and as they've been together so long already, hopefully it will last!

BB said...

This...here in the US our media have already begun making this engagement/wedding a circus. By the time the wedding gets here we'll be so sick of hearing the media "experts" give their opinions of all this and this gal will be picked apart with nothing left of her private life. It's a lovely story of them getting engaged but I hope the media doesn't cram it down our throats to where we just don't give a damn, and making us numb and sick of hearing it.

BB said...

This...here in the US our media have already begun making this engagement/wedding a circus. By the time the wedding gets here we'll be so sick of hearing the media "experts" give their opinions of all this and this gal will be picked apart with nothing left of her private life. It's a lovely story of them getting engaged but I hope the media doesn't cram it down our throats to where we just don't give a damn, and making us numb and sick of hearing it.

Southhamsdarling said...

Actually Barb, you're absolutely right about the media circus. I opened the daily newspaper here today and there were loads of photoes of Kate beside Princess Diana (comparing hats, dresses and the like) generally comparing the two women, and I just thought, "come on, give the girl a break." As you say, every single part of her and her family will now be picked over with a fine tooth comb, which is not good. Why can't the media just be happy for them and just leave it at that, rather than trying to dissect every little gesture. Personally, I think the media has a lot to answer for over all sorts of things. All to sell newspapers and magazines I suppose. Well, that's my "grumpy old woman" bit out of the way for today!!!

Rebecca said...

aw how sweet

Teresa said...

i loved that she was given Princess Diana's ring but it did seem strange to see it on her hand. i hope they're very very happy and that the media stays out of their private lives better than they stayed out of Diana's. she would have been so very proud of her son.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Teresa. Yes, I have spoken to quite a few people here today and they all seem to feel the same as you about the ring, and that perhaps Kate should have had her own ring. However, I still feel that it was a lovely thought by Prince William. Yes, let's really hope that Kate is not now going to be hounded by the media, as poor Diana was.

LindyLouMac said...

Hi I do so appreciate you thinking of me for passing on your blog award and for commenting about it here. I really felt that as I am supposed to be writing about 'News From Italy' on my blog it was neither a good idea or fair to my loyal readers to get sidetracked by such things as nice as they are :)
I think it is fabulous news about the royal engagement.