Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 April 2017

Sunday Snaps from Ibiza 🌞

My journey was about to commence, and so it was that I dragged myself out of bed at 1.30am, to get ready for my trip to Ibiza, where number 1 daughter and son in law have taken a house for a year. My time at the airport was smooth and uneventful, and I was soon leaving the grey skies of England behind for the blue skies ahead. 

 

 
Ibiza is one of the Balearic Islands nestled in the Mediterranean Sea, off the coast of Spain. Most people know it for its lively nightlife, but that really is just a very small part of Island life. 

 

It is also home to quiet white-washed villages, yoga retreats, nature, culture, and wonderful coves and beaches. The light here is amazing, and I find myself wishing that I could perch on a cliff top and be able to paint the scene in front of me. 

 

 
One day we strolled through the ancient streets of Old Ibiza Town, where locals were sat outside their tiny, picturesque houses, greeting us as we walked by. The houses have brightly coloured shutters, which help to keep out the glaring light of the Summer sun, and to keep the cold out during the Winter months. 

 

It was quite a climb through cobbled streets to the top of the Old Town, but well worth it to see the Catedral de Eivissa, which sits within the ancient fortified walls, and the magnificent view laid out below. As you make the trek upwards, you do find yourself thinking of the Pilgrims that have made this climb over the centuries. 

 



 

 

I've been taken all over this pretty Island, eaten tasty local food at the waters edge, accompanied by the odd glass of RosΓ¨ and a cup of the delicious Cortado coffee that they serve here. 

 
     

 
Ibiza certainly has a magic all of its own, and I shall find it hard to leave this beautiful place behind. In certain places, I found it to be almost spiritual. 

I hope you've enjoyed the little tour and I'm sure I will see you again soon. 

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thank you for the most beautiful tour of this precious island. I'll not be surprised if you decide to stay. Oh, I know you'll return to your heavenly Devon. It is so beautiful, also, and you have the prettiest gardens! These are the best photos of you and your family. I know this will be one of your best Birthdays ever, Thisisme! Have a wonderful time! See you soon, and sending hugs from a rainy Texas! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Suzanne. I'm sorry to hear that it's ☔️raining over there in Texas, although perhaps you need the rain! Yes, this is turning out to be a really lovely pre-birthday celebration, and tomorrow A, the little ones and her husband, are coming over for a week. I shall be leaving here on Wed evening, so we will all be together for three days 😊 .. I do hope that you and Scooter are doing well. Look after yourself my friend ❤️

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh what wonderful photos, a what looks like a lovely place, a place I doubt I will ever visit and to be honest a place until now I can't remember ever hearing of before

Claudia Moser said...

Looks lovely, a small paradise. Glad you had a great time!

Southhamsdarling said...

Hallo Jo-Anne. Lovely to see you over here, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the photos- it really is a very beautiful Island. I hope you are keeping well

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you Claudia. Lovely to see you here, too! Yes, a small Paradise Island! I'm here until Wednesday evening. 😊🌞🌞

Glenda said...

What a grand tour! I know you must be having a wonderful time, and now the Ruby and Eli are there, it will be fun to see those beautiful sights through the eyes of the children! Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos especially when you and your daughter are in them. So glad you got the opportunity to make this trip and share the loveliness with us.
Hugs,
Odie

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely to see you here, Glenda. Yes, I had a delightful time / hard to get back to
Reality now though! Yes, it was so good to have all the family together, although I missed Eleanor not being there!

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you so much, Odie. Yes, I was very lucky to do the trip, and I had a lovely, relaxing time. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.