Total Pageviews

Friday 3 February 2017

Why Raise A Princess, When You Can Raise A Warrior - Intrigued? Take a look at my latest Post....

 

Most of my 'older' bloggy friends will know that I love Quotations, and I'm always looking for new ones to add to my collection. I have a beautiful, (and, yes, boys can be beautiful too), kind and loving eight year old grandson, but I am also blessed with two delightful granddaughters, along with my two very special daughters. Notice that I'm trying not to use the word 'beautiful' too much here, although they are just that, both on the outside AND the inside.

It is such a different world for all girls now, from when I was young. These days, if they want to, they can do anything, and go anywhere. So, today, my Post is in honour of young girls everywhere - go out there and shine!! I hope you will enjoy the Quotations I have found for you today, all courtesy of Pinterest....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 I think this next one has to be one of my favourites....

 

So let's raise a glass to strong young girls and young women everywhere. Meanwhile, I wish you all a very happy weekend, and I look forward to seeing you again soon. ❤. For those of you who take a look at my Featured Posts, there is a new one up today, where I give you a little taster of my Summer garden here in heavenly Devon.  Just click on the link on the right hand sidebar.  Bye for now. 

8 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

FAB POST 💜💜 Love the quotations too. Favourite being the Dragon fly.

I am blessed with two fabulous grandsons and three fab grandaughters. Two have major attitude. Yes it is a whole new generation. But for me I am unsure of this generation. I say Bossy ..and some say assertive .. There is a big difference. . I have worked with women bosses .. oh boy what a problem much rather work for men. 😁😁 super post 👍👍xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful post today. Your selection of quotes is fabulous. I love the photo of the fairy on the edge of the branch with "...oh but what if you fly". That is just perfect! I can only hope my girls grow up to be strong and brave but with compassion and love within. Is that too much to ask? <3

Suzanne said...

These quotes are truly great, Thisisme! I do like the last one, as you do "Why Raise a Princess, when you can raise a warrior!" That's today's way...everyone needs that tough blood to be ever present in their life, both girls and boys! And, they still need to achieve a wholesomeness that will attract positive results in their lives. I especially like the quote, "Don't fashion me into a maiden that needs saving from a Dragon. I AM the dragon! I love it! That doesn't mean we have to go around growling at everyone, haha! But, leave them to know you can handle a lot, and, you'll get back to them if you need! Well, sometimes I'm full of hogwash, but, your quotes leave food for thought! Thank you, Thisisme! Have a lovely weekend!♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Anne. Glad you liked the quotations. I think there is obviously a fine line between bossy and assertive. However, I do feel it odd that the word 'bossy' is usually used when talking about women. It's unfortunate but, personally, I still feel that women still have to work twice as hard as men to prove themselves - even after all this time and in this day and age. I just hope that things will be better for my granddaughters, and yours.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thanks for popping over, Bee Bee 😊. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post and, yes, I thought these particular quotations were great. "Oh, but what if you fly" - brilliant. That should become a classic! Yes, of course, as our granddaughters mature, we certainly want them to be caring, kind and compassionate. But put all those things together - wow! Have a good weekend over there.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Suzanne, my Texan friend! Very wise words in your comment today. I can see that you've given it some thought. Sometimes I think these Disney Princesses have a lot to answer for , although I suppose it's only fun when the little girls are very young. But surely they should be aspiring to be a bit more than that- just waiting for their handsome Prince to come along. That's why I liked that quote too -- I AM the dragon!! it is up to us as parents and grandparents to set an example so that, as Bee Bee said, they are also filled with kindness and compassion towards others. Have a lovely weekend my friend.

LindyLouMac said...

Some lovely quotes in your latest collection.

Southhamsdarling said...

Thank you, Linda! Having two daughters and two granddaughters, I did rather love these quotes! 😊