Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 February 2014

Always On My Mind ....





This is my love song for you today, and I must admit that I am indulging myself!  I have always loved this record and I always feel a bit emotional when I'm listening to it.  Don't ask me why.  Anyway, any excuse to look at Elvis I say, and what a voice he had!

Well, I am almost at the end of this little series of Romance, and I hope you have enjoyed some of them, if not all of them.  Today I have found some romantic statues for you, starting off with the most romantic of them all.  Rodin's The Kiss.



The following statue represents Eros reviving Psyche, by Antonio Canova, and is held at The Louvre Museum in Paris.



The following is a Gothic statue found at Lamorran House in Cornwall.




The following is a statue of Romeo and Juliet, the most star crossed of lovers and can be found in Central Park, New York.








Don't forget to pop by tomorrow, as this is the day that we have been leading up to with my recent posts!





8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

That last picture says it all. Thanks for the little "love" journey.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hallo hallo hallo, dear Thisisme! That Elvis song is an excellent choice for your Valentine's Day series. I was surprised to find that most of the pictures in the slideshow were new to me. Those are wonderful portraits and candids of Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa Marie, aren't they? It's hard to believe that Priscilla will be 69 in a few months and that baby Lisa Marie turned 46 a couple weeks ago.

The song "You Were Always On My Mind" reminds us that there are two sides to love - joy and pain. You cannot fully love without opening yourself to heartache. Elvis recorded this song shortly after he and Priscilla separated. You can feel the sadness and the song does bring a tear as we ponder all the what ifs.

Thank you, dear friend Thisisme, for taking us back to our exciting younger years when we all thought we were invincible, including Elvis.

Happy Thursday to you and a bunch of hugs and smooches. You can count on me to return tomorrow for the culmination of your Valentine's celebration.

rainbow said...

Your choice of art work is fantastic : THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!! BY the way I forgot to tell you Rich Ginger and JACK are in Paris this week - what an adventure PARIS ON VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!! Living in London is one adventure but all their trips are just icing on the cake.

May your day tomorrow be as GREAT AS YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly said...

What lovely reminders of love for us all! I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable Valentine's Day, my friend!

Montanagirl said...

Love your post today! And Elvis had such a fabulous voice.

Unknown said...

Hi Thisisme. I've never seen such statues in my life. They are so amazing. You've done a great job
of gearing us up for Valentine's Day, and 'You Were Always On My Mind' is also a favorite of mine! Of course, I am such an Elvis fan, but, the truth is...he could make any song his own!

Thank you for this great post, Thisisme, and, I really hope you enjoy a wonderful Valentine's Day!

romance-of-roses said...

Love is in the air everywhere. Thank you for your visit and I certainly do wish you a very romantic day. Your choice of statues is outstanding. Love from your friend...Lu

Suzanne said...

Hi lady love. Sorry to be so late. Coming to you before work. Love Romeo and Juliet statue and Eros! Your display of classic lovers is phenomenal! I agree with your song choice and our favorite romantic guy! Can't wait to see the final installment!