Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 November 2010

I've Been Tagged!

I have been tagged by caterpillar from "Musings And Confessions of a Wandering Mind" and she has set me 10 questions to answer, so I will do my best!

1.  Why did you create your Blog?

Well, during the middle of October, my daughter was visiting from France.  She had been writing a Blog herself since June and, as she knew that I had always enjoyed writing, she suggested that I start one myself.  I didn't need too much persuading and, there and then, she got me started and was a tremendous help in setting the whole thing up.  Immediately, I was off and I have tried to write a post most days.  I am thoroughly enjoying the experience.  It's wonderful meeting all these lovely new people from all parts of the world.

2.  What kinds of Blogs do you follow?

All sorts and all ages, although I do click on the Interests listed under my Profile in my Blog, and that throws up people who are interested in the same sort of things, and I just visit them and take it from there.

3.  Favourite make-up brand?

That's an easy one - L'Oreal.

4.  Favourite clothing brand?

I don't go for any particular brand, rather I tend to go into the same shops.  The Per Una range from M&S, Wallis, Zara.

5.  Your indispensable make-up product?

I suppose that would have to be foundation and blusher.

6.  Your favourite colour?

Lime green, and plummy colours.

7.  Favourite Perfume?

I vary between two - The One by Dolce & Gabbana and Georgio.

8.  Your favourite film?

Oh dear! So many, as I go to the cinema quite often.  Mama Mia always cheers me up.  I actually love two very old, black & white movies and these are Camille with Greta Garbo and Robert Taylor (I still weep buckets watching it now) and Forever Voyager with Bette Davis.  One of my recent favourite films was another Meryl Streep movie, "It's Complicated", which also starred Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin.

9.  Which country would you like to visit, and why?

That's so easy, and it has to be Italy.  It just does something for me.  I have visited many parts of Tuscany, Rome, Florence, Venice, Verona to name but a few.  I love the food, the language, and the general ambience of the country.

10.  Write the last question and answer it yourself.

There!  I was alright up to that point.  Now I'm stumped.  Oh well, here goes :

What new hobby would you really like to take up?

I have always wanted to start Watercolour classes.  Every year I say this.  I bought all the necessary materials to get going a few years ago, but, somehow, have never got round to it. Memo to self : Stop procrastinating and just go for it!

12 comments:

Becky said...

Awww.... this was fun! We readers got to know you just a little bit better :) I agree with you on wanting to visit Italy, although... I have never been there. Everytime I read anything about it or see something on TV about the country... I feel a desire to go! My dream is to fly to Venice and then take a train across the country to Rome. Of course, we would stop along the way in Tuscany & Florence!! :)

Southhamsdarling said...

You'd love it Becky! That's an awesome dream to have! Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed it as well even though I couldn't identify with the makeup & perfume parts. It is always good to find out little things about the friends we share our lives with. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
Odie

colenic said...

Very fun answers...and I agree with you...stop procrastinating and take those classes!!
Have a great weekend

Southhamsdarling said...

Thanks col and Odie! Wishing you both a good weekend.

LindyLouMac said...

Well done for answering your questions and telling us a little more about yourself. I hope you are having a good weekend.
It is cold and wet here in Italy again today so instead of gardening or a long walk by the lake here I am catching up on blog reading.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi LindyLou. I still find it hard to think of Italy being cold and wet!! Hope you're nice and snug indoors anyway and hope you have a lovely weekend as well. Hopefully you will be able to get out for a walk tomorrow!

Gawgus things... said...

Oooh, very interesting... Know so much more about you now ;)

BB said...

Great answers This. I bet you would really be good at the watercolor class. You've got a good eye.

ANichols.Too said...

I'm glad you did this, because I didn't know we could click on the "interests" and find like-minded people! Going to have to go try that....

(and while I'm doing that, you can go find some paintbrushes!)

Southhamsdarling said...

Hope is works Too (clicking on the "interests" I mean! And you're right, I must get those paintbrushes out!!

LindyLouMac said...

It always surprises people that we have wet and cold weather here in central Italy, something to do with the ridge of mountains right down the middle I believe? We even had snow in March part of the reason our olive harvest suffered!